Presenting Company Guidelines
Four early-stage entrepreneurs will compete for a $25,000 equity investment in a “shark tank” style event by pitching their business plans to a panel of investor judges. Each company will have 10 minutes to pitch and 10 minutes for Q&A. VenturePitch is a series of public events to create awareness of the entrepreneurial ecosystem and the passionate entrepreneurs in the SWFL region.
Entrepreneurs will apply by submitting company information to www.venturepitchswfl.com. Representatives from SCORE, SBDC @ FGCU and Fusion Pointe serving as the Screening Committee, will evaluate, rate, and recommend a total of four companies to pitch at the event.
1. Pre-revenue or the first months of producing revenue,
2. In business less than 2 years,
3. Located in one of the six SWFL counties (Charlotte, Collier, Glades, Hendry, Lee, or Sarasota) with a large addressable market,
4. Have a scalable business model, and
5. Have not raised more than $1MM in total.
Upon final confirmation, each presenting company is responsible for preparing their presentations following the PowerPoint slide deck for format and content. The PowerPoint template includes additional presentation guidelines. A member of the Selection Committee will serve as mentor to each presenting company.
During the event, the judges will consider and rate each presentation in these ten areas:
1. Problem or Need
3. Competitive Advantage
4. Target Market & Opportunity Size
5. Revenue Source, Key Strategy, & Execution
6. Team, Board, & Advisors
8. Financial Model & Capital Required
9. Exit Strategy
10. Quality of Presentation (Oral & PowerPoint)